Saudi Arabia allows gradual resumption of Umrah from Oct. 4
And complete the Hajj and 'umrah for Allah
Umrah is one of the most important and blessed act of worship that Muslims can do. It is really only second to the Hajj, which is why it is called the minor Hajj.
Umrah is composed of four tasks, namely: (1) ihraam, (2) circumambulation of the Sacred House (tawaaf), (3) saa’i between al-Safa and al-Marwah, and (4) shaving the head or cutting the hair.
The word Umrah عمرة is mentioned three times in Quran in two verses.
Indeed, as-Safa and al-Marwah are among the symbols of Allah . So whoever makes Hajj to the House or performs ‘umrah – there is no blame upon him for walking between them. And whoever volunteers good – then indeed, Allah is appreciative and Knowing. Sura Al Baqarah 158
And complete the Hajj and ‘umrah for Allah . But if you are prevented, then [offer] what can be obtained with ease of sacrificial animals. And do not shave your heads until the sacrificial animal has reached its place of slaughter. And whoever among you is ill or has an ailment of the head [making shaving necessary must offer] a ransom of fasting [three days] or charity or sacrifice. And when you are secure, then whoever performs ‘umrah [during the Hajj months] followed by Hajj [offers] what can be obtained with ease of sacrificial animals. And whoever cannot find [or afford such an animal] – then a fast of three days during Hajj and of seven when you have returned [home]. Those are ten complete [days]. This is for those whose family is not in the area of al-Masjid al-Haram. And fear Allah and know that Allah is severe in penalty. Sura Al Baqarah 196
Benefits of Umrah: Removal of poverty and sins
- “The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: ‘Perform Hajj and ‘Umrah consecutively, for they remove poverty and sin as the bellows removes impurity from iron and gold and silver, and Hajj Al-Mabrur brings no less a reward than Paradise.’ Sunan an-Nasa’i 2631
- It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said: “The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: ‘from one ‘Umrah to another is an expiation for what comes in between, and Hajj al-Mabrur brings no reward less than Paradise.” (Sahih) Sunan an-Nasa’i 2629
Blessings of Zamzam water
According to the hadeeth of Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him), the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said concerning the water of Zamzam, “It is a blessing, and it is food that satisfies.” (Reported by Muslim, 4/1922). Al-Tayaalisi (61) added, in a version that he narrated: “and a cure for the sick.” I.e., drinking the water of Zamzam means that a person does not need to eat, and it will cure his sickness – but this is when he drinks it with faith and sincerity, as proven in the hadeeth of Abu Dharr al-Ghifaari who stayed in Makkah for a month without any nourishment except Zamzam water.
And Allah knows best.
- Over 7.5 million Umrah pilgrims, worshipers perform rituals at Grand Mosque in 4 months
- Over a million women perform Umrah and pray at Grand Mosque
- 3 conditions set for foreign pilgrims to repeat Umrah
- Sanitizing robots at Grand Mosque
- Description of Umrah
- Is it permissible to perform ‘Umrah repeatedly?
- Virtues of drinking Zam Zam
- Madina: a movie by Obayd Fox
- My First Umrah 2018 | Medina & Mecca
- Tips on Hajj by Shaykh Hasan Ali
- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf in Medina & Visiting Historic Sites
- The Fiqh of Umrah by Shaykh Dr. Yasir Qadhi
- Documentary Film On Zamzam The Blessed Water
- What is Zam Zam ?
Apps for download:
- Dua and Azkar by Ahsanul Haque. Authentic du’a list
- Eatmarna Application to enable those wishing to perform Umrah and visit to request the issuance of permits to enter the Two Holy Mosques to perform Umrah, visit and prayers
- OVER A MILLION WORSHIPERS REGISTER FOR UMRAH THROUGH EATMARNA APP